Hi there. my account has reached its limit daily quota of extraction for 2 days straight!! for the second day i turn off all of my devices and still the same. I did request a download of variable data on the 1st day but none was received by me. Please help as I need to see the dashboard to get some data ASAP. Thank you very much.
I hope all is well,
Thank you for sharing your concerns, we certainly don’t want to be a bump in the road for your IoT initiatives. Let me explain and clarify how the dots out and in consumption works:
Dots in : All the dots received and saved from any channel, Dashboards, and API.In this case are the ones receive by your devices.
Dots Out : The sum of the dots extracted through two (2) outbound channels.
- API : Data requested by external applications or devices from our API. Meaning each value extracted using any of our supported protocols (MQTT, HTTP, TCP/UDP).
- Front-end: Data requested by the web interface (Dashboard and devices). This includes all the queries required to render dashboards, CSV reports, variables, etc. Having that in mind, yes refreshing a Dashboard, or exporting data will consume dots out.
The consumption is visible in the profile usage by the end of the day. The count reset at UTC 00:00, meaning the values of today are the ones consumed the day before, we have an internal ticket to modify this behavior and reflect the values of the respective day. I will keep you posted on the updates of this ticket.
Having that in mind turning off your devices will only saved you dots in but not dots out, as this consumption comes from refreshing your dashboards, CSV data exports and viewing data inside variables.
Additionally, below you can find some of the measures you can take to avoid reaching out to the daily limit.
- Refresh the Dashboards only when necessary.
- Set a short time in the Default time range of the Dashboard, so the first time you open the Dashboard, this one only requests the last data.
- Reduce the frequency of data extraction through API.
Finally, I went ahead and increased your dots out capacity to 500,000 per day, to avoid you hit any limits during your IoT application’s development.
I hope my note clarifies your concerns and let me know if you have additional comments.
All the best,