Ubidots Community

Error loading data

Hi - this has been raised by a few users but I haven’t been able to follow how to resolve.

Like a few others, I get the following error when trying to update my dashboard.

“Error loading your data
Something went wrong on our end and we were unable to load your data.”

This has been a problem for 2 days.

I had previously noticed a banner talking about exceeding daily dot limits, but this was a few days ago and according to the usage page, I have not ingested or extracted anything since 7th jan. So unless there is a monthly limit or something, I’m not sure why the problem has not resolved.

I have a STEM account. Using a single device. Update frequency 900. I have 8 variables, including 2 derived variables. None of my widgets use anything but “last value” aggregation.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

I too have this issue from late afternoon yesterday 09 Jan

My widgets seem to be finally back online, which is great. But I have no idea what caused the issue or how it was finally resolved. it wasn’t from anything I did.

Given that this issue does seem to be cropping up on these boards for a few users, it would be really helpful to know what the root problem is (if it is just one thing).

Another oddity I noticed is that when I check the usage board, I now see zero usage registered for the 8th and 9th Jan (instead of dashes, as previously), but curiously 501,808 dots of data extraction on the 10th. I have literally not been able to see any data since the 7th so I’m not sure what this represents. Odd. Maybe there are some sync issues.

First thanks to all unidots programmers for providing this free STEM plan.
You are doing a great job and nothing to complain about a free service.

Just some observations which may help to fix this issue.
I have the same issue as jabbathewatts once a month, mostly beginning of the month.
Maybe a problem of how dots are counted?
Had just one ESP32 connected firing 2000 ingestions every day. Lately added the weather API.
It shows 0 ingestions on Feb 3 and 4, but then 6000 on Feb 5th, in reality no change with ingestions.
Also shows 0 extraction Feb 3 and 4 but then 500.072 (today) but during that time I could not extract any dots, only “Error loading your data”. Device showed active always though.
I tried to attach a screenshot to this post, upload of jpg or jpeg or drag and draw seems also not to work.
Time zone here is JST. Another strange thing I noticed at that time, I was logged in at the dashboard but could not log in to this page. Now all working again. :grinning:

just tried again . . . "Sorry, there was an error uploading that file. "

Hi @jabbathewatts and @rising_sun,

Thank you for sharing these concerns regarding the dots out/in consumption, we certainly don’t want to be a bump in the road for your IoT initiatives, so please allow me to explain and clarify how the dots out consumption works:

Dots Out : The sum of the dots extracted through two (2) outbound channels.

  • API : Data requested by external applications or devices from our API. Meaning each value extracted using any of our supported protocols (MQTT, HTTP, TCP/UDP).
  • Front-end: Data requested by the web interface (Dashboard and devices). This includes all the queries required to render dashboards, CSV reports, variables, etc. Having that in mind, yes refreshing a Dashboard, or exporting data will consume dots out.

As you mention this consumption should be visible in your profile in the usage section and we were able to identify that on February 3 and 4 there isn’t any record of the real dots in and out on the usage, that’s why we are investigating the reason and determinate if this could be related with the behavior you have been experienced not being able to see your widget’s data although you aren’t hitting the limit for the day.

I went ahead and change the limit of dots out for your accounts from 500,000 to 700,000 so you guys can access your dashboard data without any inconvenience.

I will be attentive in case you have further inputs and will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Have a nice day!

-Isabel

Thank you very much for your friendly E-Mail. I wish I owned all the 1375 devices showing in total in my usage panel just for a few days. Sceenshot uploading seems not to work also with private messages. Would be a nice to have feature. Thanks for letting us use your platform, keep on improving and programming.

Hi @rising_sun,

Thank you for your response. Can you please let me know on which day are you seeing a total of 1375 devices? Additionally, the team is already working on the solution of uploading images to the community post, we are sorry about the inconvenience this is causing and hope to have an update soon.

All the best,
-Isabel

Good morning, sorry, my mistake, this was due to my bad monitor resolution, the total number on Feb 7 was 1.375 (point instead of comma). So just kind of an average number.
In reality, the device number should have been 2 every day, usage board shows (for Feb 1 to Feb 10): devices: 3,2,0,0,2,0,2,2,0,2. Data ingestion was the same every day but on Feb 3,4,6,and 9th it shows a 0.
If looking for a pattern, for Feb 3,4,6 and 9th (JST) ALLvalues were 0. That means plugin value for these days also 0.

Hi @rising_sun,

Thank you for your answer and clarification. Indeed the value of 0 in the usage for the day mentioned affects the average value of the devices, that’s why we create an internal task to recover the usage consumption for these days. I will let you know as soon as the task is completed.

All the best,
-Isabel